During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we believe it is important to show solidarity with our health officials who are working to protect the lives of people in our community, city and country by limiting gatherings to less than five people.
Therefore, we have moved our Easter worship service to an online format that will be available on this page any time after 10:30am on April 12, 2020. Please join us online with your family to worship, listen to a biblically-based sermon and discuss together the provided questions at the end of the sermon.
Welcome & Worship
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, please use one of the following options to give your offering to the Lord through East Gate Alliance Church. We thank you for your faithfulness in this regard.
Sermon - Going to Miss Easter This Year?
If you are gathered with your family, please discuss the following questions together. Otherwise if you are participating in this online service alone, please join our Zoom meeting at 12:30pm to discuss the questions with Pastor Bill and others from our church community.
- Share a time when you missed something (or a time when someone else missed what you experienced).
- Have you ever had doubts about Christ? How did/are you dealing with it?
- Share some empirical truths that have helped you have faith.
- Share about a time you “encountered the risen Lord” – it may be when you were converted or some other time. How does this help your faith?
- The Apostle Paul was converted in a dramatic encounter with the Lord recorded in Acts 9:1-22. But in retelling the story to King Agripa in Acts 26, Paul mentions that the Lord had said to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”
- What did this mean for Paul?
- What is a goad and how is it used? Hint: it’s used with cattle.
- What is this expression “kicking against the goads” all about?
- So what was the Lord pointing out in Paul’s life?
- Who do you think was goading Paul? And how?
- And how was Paul kicking against it?
- Have you ever kicked against the Lord’s promptings, or your conscience? Share about it.
- What were the goads in your life pushing you to Christ?
- Popular songs and theology today talk about Jesus leaving the 99 to pursue you. What are some of the ways Christ pursued you?
- What practical way are you going to “seek after” God “with all your heart” so as to encounter him this week?
Closing Worship Song