During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we believe it is important to show solidarity with our health officials who are working to protect the lives of people in our community, city and country by limiting gatherings to less then fifty people.
Therefore, we have moved our worship service to an online format that will be available on this page any time after 10:30am on March 22, 2020. Please join us online with your family to worship, listen to a biblically-based sermon and discuss together the provided questions at the end of the sermon.
Welcome to Our Online Service
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, please use one of the following options to give your offering to the Lord through East Gate Alliance Church. We thank you for your faithfulness in this regard.
Scripture Reading - Psalm 91 (NIV)
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, 10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Sermon - Not Afraid
Discussion Questions & Outreach
If you are gathered with your family, please discuss the following questions together. Otherwise if you are participating in this online service alone, please join our Zoom meeting at 11:30am to discuss the questions with Pastor Bill and others from our church community.
- Describe a time when you felt most protected by God, and/or His angels. (Start with the youngest member of your group).
- Read Psalm 91 – which verse do you find most meaningful? Why?
- Why did Job’s friends think Job lost all his children, possessions & health? (Job 4:7-8; 8:20; 11:14-15, 17; 22:5, 8-9)
- Why did Job actually lose his children, possessions & health? (Job 1:10-12; 2:4-7)
- How did God explain to Job the loss of his children, possession & health to Job? (Job 38-41)
- How does this make you feel?
- How did it make Job feel? (Job 42:1-6)
- How do we know God loves us? (1 John 3:16; 4:9-10; Romans 8:38-39)
- How do you keep fear from getting ahold of you or controlling you?
- Pray for each other and that God would give you each the gift of peace! (John 14:27)
Also, please download and print the neighbour outreach flyer that Pastor Bill mentioned in his sermon to distribute in your neighbourhood.
Closing Worship Song