The mandate of the Plan to Protect® ministry is to protect our children, youth, vulnerable adults and elderly, as they participate in church ministries. The Plan to Protect® program and policies provide oversight and guidance to the staff and volunteers who work together within their roles to serve the joint ministries within East Gate and Ottawa Mandarin Alliance Church.
The objectives set out by the Plan to Protect® program are to provide a high level of supervision for each child and to protect every child from any form of abuse, to safeguard any adult from false allegations of abuse, and to educate ministry volunteers in protective measures.
In order to protect our vulnerable sector, all staff and volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application process. This process includes:
- Adhering to a six month waiting period.
- Filling out and completing the Ministry Volunteer Application form.
- Requesting a police records check, which must be renewed every 3 years.
- Completing a face-to-face interview and providing personal references.
- Receiving final approval from church leadership.
Find Out More About The Plan to Protect® Program →
Want To Know More?
For more information regarding this ministry, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us: